Helping people is the origin of happiness | Service from Heart: Helping people is the origin of happiness

Tuesday 28 January 2014

Helping people is the origin of happiness

 
Three things happen to highlight to me on how helping people can simply bring happiness. 

♥ This morning, our housemate Amirah kindly offered to throw a bag of rubbish that I placed near door. I was about to combine it with the leaves of strawberries after finish eating them. She is an inspiration for me to be kind and helpful to people.  

♥ The main message of a book entitled "The $100 Startup: Reinvent the Way You Make a Living, Do What You Love, and Create a New Future" written by Chris Guillebeau is about how startups create value by helping people. 

♥ While commuting, I recall a quote from my days in late 1990s: 助人为快乐之本, which literally means "Helping people is the origin of happiness". 

No comments:

Post a Comment